Xell’s User Interface and Software: LabUI™
Simple – complex – most efficient
The LabUI – Paper Laboratory Software is Xell’s answer to the markets demanding simplicity in operation, prominent display of current data and real time data analysis. It is an easy to use, integrated hard- and software device control system that solves the most complex tasks easily.
The main control unit is the 10-touch screen, always in portrait orientation, which gives more information overview.
With its Excel export to USB or network and its WebAPI, it generates more information, saves time and due to automatic data transmission minimizes pitfalls. LabUI™ is the unified graphic user interface and software for most of the Xell manufactured laboratory devices. Learn More >>
Mimicking the worldwide standard smart phone user interfaces LabUI™ guides users through the setting of the preferences for a test and gives real time information about test progress. Some test processes thus being highly automatised, they leave time for multitasking to laboratory staff.
In case of interactive test processes, LabUI™ announces any input necessity and guides users through the whole process.
Test Process at your Fingertips: 10″ Touch Screen
- Clear user guidance simplifies operation.
- Display of measuring data and statistics including MD/CD ratio and curve diagrams right on the screen.
- All measurements are stored on the device itself, retrievable anytime.
- Updates via internet or USB.
- Printouts possible with a wide range of USB or LAN printers.
- Export of measurement data via USB or (W) LAN in Excel format or by WebAPI (no further expensive bridging software needed).
- Data Analysis and Presentation
Testing progress is shown on the display in real time. Results of completed tests are retrievable and displayable at any given time. The display is accurately designed and so grants a high information density and quick overall insight. Special attention was paid to a large display of the measurements and diagrams.
Raw Data and Statistics in Real Time
- Faulty test results can be excluded from the statistics at once or later. Thus their influence on the statistics is annihilated.
- The standard statistical analysis consists of maximum/minimum, average, standard deviation and – so given – the ratio of machine und cross direction (MD and CD).
- Diagrams and Process Milestones
- Crucial process milestones (e.g. the time when 70% of whatever are reached) can be predefined and highlighted in the diagrams.
- Diagrams (curves or vertical diagrams) will be displayed immediately after the testing process and are ready for export to an Excel file (.xlsx) including raw data, statistical analysis and diagram(s).
History – Long Term Analysis
- All testing results remain stored on the device’s SSD-Disk and can be displayed or exported via USB or Ethernet at any given time.
- The raw data being included in the export they can be easily integrated in process control and/or process optimization systems.
- The onboard SSD-drive provides for very fast data retrieval.
Export – Printer, USB, Ethernet
- The device generates an xlsx-file with raw data and the statistics thereof as well as a diagram of these results.
- To provide for comparability the measurement parameters are also included. For example: the Bending stiffness tester includes the angles and the bending distance.
- USB port allows for direct print out.
- All data and software settings can be backed up via USB or Ethernet.
- The device provides all current measurement data right at the LAN/WLAN interface. A process control or process optimization system can automatically fetch these data and use them. The data are provided as raw data (every single measurement point) as well as calculated results. So the calculations can be done either inside the device or in the process control or optimization system.
If the Testing device is connected to the internet it can fetch the current date and time from a time server. Thus it is enabled to interconnect testing results with laboratory climate data in a milliseconds precision.
- Fixed measuring profiles according to established standards are included.
- By varying the testing parameters customized measuring profiles can be defined and stored for future use.
Result display can also be customized to the users’ needs and stored alongside the measuring profile.
Software updates can be automatised over the internet (tethering possible) or done manually via USB. On customer request routine performance and security updates can be installed.
User Level Authorization
Access to crucial settings, measurement para-meters and profiles can be restricted to selected persons.
Different access levels for different persons (Supervisor, Operator, Lab Staff, …) are possible.
- Processor: Intel Core Duo – latest generation
- Internal memory: SSD 120 GB
- Display: capacitive touchscreen with a brightness of 500 nt ( 0,05 Cd/cm2; hardly any reflexes)
- Ultra wide viewing angle: 176(H)/176(V)
(CR > 10), Super MVA-technology
Xell devices featuring LabUI
- Elmendorf Tear Tester
- Tissue Water Absorption Tester
- Canadian Standard Freeness Tester – Digital Model
- Williams Freeness Tester
- Schopper-Riegler Freeness Tester
More to come …